Re: Counter to Fedora 8 release?

Máirín Duffy wrote:
Matt Domsch wrote:
How does the date thing work?  Is it sufficient to:
 convert werewolf8_color.svg werewolf8_color.png
and post the png file somewhere accessible, once a day and it
automatically counts down?  if so that should be easy to get running.

Well you'd have to input the number to the SVG generation script too so we need a script with smarts to figure out what the day value should be.

Also I think convert would work fine for Nicu's artwork but the banner I did will need to be modified to work with convert (only comes out right if you use command-line inkscape) - it's totally do-able just a little less blingy.

No, I don't think it would work for the _color_ version (but I can simplify it, remove gradients and drop shadow - they are less noticeable when the image is exported at a small size as it should).

You know, we can get to an alternate route: export the bitmap one time and then add the counter with imagemagick or gd and even leave out all the font availability problem by creating pre-rendered images for all the possible digits, from 0 to 9 (yes, it is old school compared with modifying the SVG on the fly, but is tried and true).