Re: Disabled TitleIndex and Category* pages

John Poelstra wrote:
Mike McGrath said the following on 07/11/2007 09:56 AM Pacific Time:
I disabled TitleIndex and Category.* pages under /wiki/ because access to these pages was taking the wiki down.

   -Mike

Who is leading the websites team? Do you have regular meetings? I couldn't find very much on the wiki.

There's not really an official leader or meetings. I know some people have been stepping more lately (like ricky) but the team itself is still forming.
This functionality (using categories as suggested by Bill Nottingham) was the cornerstone of the process flow I developed for managing features: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Features/Policy#process-flow The process can be reworked, but using Categories saves shuffling pages around or renaming them.
I'll go ahead and enable them then. It turns out this was not our issue. Something happened on thrusday night (I'm still investigating).

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/cacti/graph.php?action=view&local_graph_id=68&rra_id=all

Exactly what is it you're needing to do? Categories are around now but may not be forever.

I've since received several indirect responses about what is happening with our wiki. Is there a clear picture somewhere of the future and if the Category problem or wiki performance ( > 30 seconds to save a page!) in general is on a road-map to be fixed. Is this where Plone is supposed to fit in?

Unfortunately this is all in upstreams hands. The fact is Moin was a poor choice for us. And while the developers have been really great and helpful in solving a lot of our issues (and we've had them) there are still core and fundamental design choices that are just eating us. I actually had to delete thousands of users so that page saves would go from 1m30s to 30s. Plone will never replace the wiki, There is a ticket open to replace the wiki:

https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/31

but thats going to be a long ways away. Long story short... don't rely on the wiki unless you absolutely have to, lesson learned ;-)

   -Mike

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Linux ARM]     [ARM Kernel]     [Older Fedora Users]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Package Announce]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Centos]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Coolkey]     [Yum Users]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]     [Asterisk PBX]