Re: What Fedora's website SHOULD look like

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Not really a redesign. Just seems to be a color change but if folks are enthusiastic we should be inviting them to contribute.

http://digg.com/design/What_Fedora_s_website_SHOULD_look_like_PIC

"Fedora is a GREAT Linux operating system. Why can't they have a site that shows off what they are good at. The design. Here is my attempt at a redesign. Maybe someone important will see this and we can make it happen."

Someone posted this in IRC earlier. I think it looks good on the surface and the creator obviously has an incredible amount of talent.

The only thing that struck me about this design is that the theme for Fedora 7 is "Reach higher" and the style of the page is dark and with the blue reflection in the upper right looks like it's underwater maybe. But that dark style is popular these days. The logo modifications probably wouldn't be kosher with our logo guidelines either but they look super slick.

I wonder if it was done using inkscape and/or gimp? I would love to see the artist participating here and on the art team!

~m

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Linux ARM]     [ARM Kernel]     [Older Fedora Users]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Package Announce]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Centos]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Coolkey]     [Yum Users]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]     [Asterisk PBX]