Re: Website Considerations

Ricky Zhou wrote:
Hi!

Just some small issues/possible improvements that we might want to look at:

* Contrary to the wiki front page, we have BitTorrent labeled as
"Recommended for advanced users only."  Considering its current
popularity (and heavy loads during the release), do we really want to
discourage that many people from using the torrents?

+1 to that
* Would a really simple SSI templating thing be feasible?  This should
still be fast/light on the server, and it would make future static page
changes *much* easier (until we get Plone working, of course).  I've
taken 5 minutes and made a working SSI version at
http://fedora.riczho.dyndns.org/static/ssi/index.shtml, and this should
work with the following Apache configuration:

SSI destroys why we're building the static pages anyway since we won't be hosting them all on our own and we don't control the configs on those webservers.

   -Mike

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Linux ARM]     [ARM Kernel]     [Older Fedora Users]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Package Announce]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Centos]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Coolkey]     [Yum Users]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]     [Asterisk PBX]