Re: static page for F7 release, new directions

Nicu Buculei wrote:
Máirí­n Duffy wrote:

This is something I came up with kind of doodling based off of the 404 page design but I'm not crazy about it:
http://people.redhat.com/duffy/fedora/web/static-page-design.png

Maybe a better iteration:
http://people.redhat.com/duffy/fedora/web/static-page-design.2.png

Navbar really needs work, but... :) it's closer to the 404 page design with the line along the top of the page.

In my understanding, the site will have only a very few static pages, so the navbar my not be needed at all.

Also, the search box is only for the pages powered by Plone, not for the rest of the wiki, right? Then I think it may be dropped, why and what to search on only 3 or 4 pages?

I think the search should cover the wiki too.

And on a very superficial surface, I think I would like better a larger screenshot.

I would recommend not putting any screenshots at all for a month or so after Fedora 7 is released. Optimize the page to load quickly. The difference in bandwidth consumption can be huge. We don't want it crashing like it did during FC6 launch.

Rahul

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Linux ARM]     [ARM Kernel]     [Older Fedora Users]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Package Announce]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Centos]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Coolkey]     [Yum Users]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]     [Asterisk PBX]