Re: Wiki slowness

craig thomas wrote:
--- Máirí­n Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Maybe this is a silly idea but it would be nice if
every wiki page's change log was an RSS feed that people could subscribe to. Then, rather than parsing through the entire list of users every edit to figure out who to mail, moin would just write out a history node in the RSS and whoever was interested in it and is subscribed would get it via whichever RSS mechanism they choose.

I think that is a great idea. Doesn't MoinMoin support
RSS or syndication already?
If not, RSS xml is simple enough...if some one can
point me at the correct db.tables for the MoinMoin
page edit logs/changes, generating a script to write
xml/RSS files then fired via cron would be KISS, IMHO.
(And just drop the display list of 'subscribers'...if
they want it let em come get it via RSS).

I was thinking about this a bit more -

it might be easier for people to deal with one RSS feed rather than one feed per page they are watching? So maybe they subscribe to pages using the same mechanism, but in their preferences page when they login, where it has all their subscriptions, they can also grab one RSS feed that they can get info on all the pages they're subscribed to. I still think one feed per page is also good - maybe someone who doesn't have a wiki account wants to keep up with one page.

~m

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Linux ARM]     [ARM Kernel]     [Older Fedora Users]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Package Announce]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Centos]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Coolkey]     [Yum Users]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]     [Asterisk PBX]