Re: Wiki page structure [RFC]

On Monday 11 December 2006 11:25, Karsten Wade wrote:

> Yes, I agree with this.  It was in fact the Wikipedia structure that I
> had grown to like.  However, I'd like to put it in as a rule with an
> exception to drop or move the introduction.  Drop if it is not needed
> (self-evident what the page is), and put a long intro after the ToC if a
> long intro is truly needed.

+1

> For FDP work, we'll surely follow the rule; but I think we should have
> some flexibility in general project docs.  Theory of minimal disruption.

I don't think we could count on absolute enforcement even if we wanted
to.  ;-)

> I think we should make the TableOfContents only display three nesting
> levels and no more.  If it is easy for people to custom that with the
> macro, we can make the default two nesting levels and let people add a
> third level if they need.

I don't recall how the macro works right now, but I would expect such a
modification to be a simple patch.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64@xxxxxxxxx

http://n-man.com/

LinkedIn:
http://linkedin.com/in/nman64

http://rate.affero.net/nman64/

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Linux ARM]     [ARM Kernel]     [Older Fedora Users]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Package Announce]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Centos]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Coolkey]     [Yum Users]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]     [Asterisk PBX]