Problems with certifcates, firefox and chrome

I have a strange problem in a fresh installation of Fedora 40. There is a personal pk12 certificate used in Spain to log in official web sites and other stuff. It can be used in several ways, e.g., to sign pdf documents with a special app called autofirma and also with okular, and it can be stored inside firefox or google-chrome to be accessed from the browser.
In an older Fedora 40 installation (and in previous Fedora releases) all of this worked out flawlessly. I started to have issues in this new installation, such that I decided to reinstall it again in case there were some issues with dual boot since I was not able to import them in the browsers, with messages saying that the file may be corrupted. Nevertheless it was apparently not the case since it worked in other installations and moreover they could be used to sign pdf documents with both okular and autofirma.
In the reinstallation I imported the certificate in firefox successfully and then I thought the problem was gone. After updating the system and installing more packages, I decided to import it in google-chrome without success. Moreover I tried to import other such certificates in firefox and it didn't work.
My guess is that some update package is blocking. I was able to finally import it in google-chrome by copying .pki/nssdb of another computer, but this does not work for firefox.
I made other tries, and using certutil to get the key, this program complained about an obsolete rc2-40-cbc something; adding the option -legacy was successful and bringing back the certificate to pk12 I was able to import it in google-chrome (still not in firefox).

Sorry for the long message. I assume not so much people is involved, maybe Spain residents with a fresh installation of Fedora 40. I did not file a bug in bugzilla since I do not know which component is responsible and I hope someone with more skill can deduce which one from the above message.
Thanks in advance, Enrique.