Re: mdadm.conf

I believe to move to another motherboard you would need to do a bit of
messing around.  If the new motherboard was the same vendor and was
also set the same (assuming it is set to raid for SATA) then it would
likely work.

You might want to check in the bios/firmware/EFI to see what the SATA
controller is set to.   Typically you have at least raid and ahci and
this is used when it is set to raid and would need work to move to
another motherboard.   If you change it to ahci it will stop booting
without some serious adjustments.

I assume the mdadm commands should be similar though but even if they
aren't there should be documentation on how it differs.   I avoid the
raid setting on the motherboard because of MB swap limitations.