Re: Clean install of Fedora 39 on Dell notebook was working, but recent update not getting 50 selerts??

On Fri, 2023-12-08 at 23:42 +1000, Michael D. Setzer II:
> Problem was a bunch of the selinux errors it was showing talked
> about resetting things but it mentions FILETYPE and then gave a
> ton of options for that value, and I had no clue which one should be
> applied.

Generally, if it's just that the SELinux contexts are missing,
restorecon along with the filepath sets them to what they need to be
(most contexts are based on file location, your files in home should
normally get a certain type of context, a web server's files in the
standard location should get a web serving type of context, etc).

If someone's developed a new type of context, it ought to get applied
in the same way (automatically when created, or when restorecon is
used, based on the filepath).

And relabelling does that.  After installing some new SELinux rules,
the procedure sets a flag to cause relabelling, and that'll take done
after the next boot.

Exceptions occur when you want a different type of context in an usual
place.  Such as you might be serving web pages from a different file
path.  You need to create your own rules so files get given the
necessary contexts automatically, and you need to set the contexts on
any existing files (there).

Alerts about things are (allegedly) faults.  Such as right now I have
an alert that:

The source process:  cups-pk-helper-   (with a truncated name, grrr!)
Attempted this access:  read
On this sock_file: cups.sock

If I look more into the logs the full name is listed:

comm=cups-pk-helper-
exe=/usr/libexec/cups-pk-helper-mechanism

So...  Is it supposed to be able to read that file?  My guess would be
yes, based on the names.  Why isn't it getting it right by itself?
Dunno, my guess would be a bug.  Can I fix it?  Perhaps.  The file
could be randomly stuffed due to a crash, or power outage.  But if it
keeps creating it wrong, perhaps not.  Does it matter?  Dunno, printing
was working last time I tried it.  But printing is always fickle.

--

uname -rsvp
Linux 3.10.0-1160.102.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Oct 17

Boilerplate:  All unexpected mail to my
mailbox is automatically deleted. I will only get to see the messages