Re: How to create a Fedora 37 image for AWS

> Am 25.02.2023 um 00:23 schrieb Thomas Cameron via users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Hey, all! I work for AWS, and I put together a quick HOWTO on setting up a Fedora 37 instance using KVM, and then converting it to a format that can be used to create a new EC2 instance on AWS. Note that this is a personal project, is not endorsed by AWS, and was not produced by AWS. It’s just me.
>
> https://camerontech.com/fedora-aws/
>
> I am not a web guy, I just did a super basic HTML page using Seahorse. It’s literally something I threw together, and I am sure I missed some things, but I hope that it is helpful for anyone who wants to build their own image. I know there are a bunch of images already out there in the community, but I wanted to document how to do it for yourself.
>
> I hope you find it helpful!

The first questions that comes into my mind: why not use cloud image for Amazon? It’s not Fedora Server, but something alike. But that is your kickstart as well. Or use the generic cloud image, which includes cloud-init, and adjust that?

And just in case you whish to provide a (real) Fedora Server, why don’t you use the provided KVM image and add some specifics apps using e.g. guestfish on the image (as described in the Fedora Server documentation)? Or use the kickstart from Fedora repository and add some specific apps to it?

I’m just curious, no criticism. I created the KVM image and know about the difficulties and peculiarities using kickstart and imagefactory.

Peter

--
Peter Boy
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pboy

Timezone: CET (UTC+1) / CEST (UTC+2)

Fedora Server Edition Working Group member
Fedora docs team contributor
Java developer and enthusiast