Weird multiple display issue

Howdy -

I have a multi monitor machine. The displays are set up like this:

+ + +
    +

So I have three large monitors and a smaller tablet below the far right monitor.

The weird thing is, it seems like the desktop THINKS my screen looks like this:

+ + +
+ + +

So what happens is, when I do something like use a background image across multiple monitors, it stretches it so that half the image shows up on my top three monitors, and about a third of the bottom of the image shows up on my small monitor down to the right.

Also, and this is the real problem, when I choose to rearrange my desktop icons, it distributes them across the left side of my left monitor and down across the nonexistent left bottom screen it seems to think is there. So my desktop icons disappear. About half of them appear to be placed under the leftmost monitor, but there's no monitor under that top monitor.

I've posted pix of what my desktop looks like, and what I see when I capture a screenshot. https://imgur.com/a/gUBsgML

In the screenshot, I have Chrome maximized on all four physical screens. As you can see from the screenshot, there is empty virtual desktop space below the left and center physical screens. You can see that my desktop icons are in that empty space. But I can't see them on the physical screens.

Anyone know how to fix this so that my desktop icons don't disappear off the bottom of my screen?

Thanks!
Thomas