Re: koji

On Sun, 8 Jan 2023 17:20:58 -0500
Bill Cunningham <bill.cu1234@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I will post this here since the test list is low traffic; I don't
> believe it is OT. Is koji only used for the testers? I know fedpkg is
> for development and there is a build system too called "Copr". I am
> only interested in looking into testing. So to begin this would an
> interested person look into koji? I posted something like this to a
> list before and it wasn't answered so I assumed there was no interest
> or others were busy.
>
>      Is the only place to go to here concerning testing
> docs.fedoraproject.org? Does anyone here do testing?

There are two kinds of testing, release testing, and updates testing.

The former usually runs in waves, as early in the release cycle for the
next version of Fedora, all the disruptive changes for the new
version are going into rawhide, and then as it gets closer to release
activity picks up, it gets more and more polished, and there are bugs
that are considered release blocking, and that the entire release
installs correctly, to test. They have a matrix of tests that people
(they send out a link on the test list) perform, and indicate whether
they were successful or not. We are early in the F38 release cycle, so
there is not a lot of formal activity on the test list (a new Fedora
ships approximately every 6 months).

The latter is individual package testing.  The Fedora user turns on the
enabled flag in the fedora-updates-testing.repo in /etc/yum.repos.d/,
and when new packages are pushed to updates testing, they will
be installed on their system. They can then give feedback on the
packages in bodhi. If a packages receives no feedback in updates
testing, it is pushed to stable after two weeks.  If it receives
negative karma in bodhi, it is pulled from the repos.  This requires a
fedora user id in order to log into bodhi, so you can give feedback.

https://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Easy_Karma

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/infra/sysadmin_guide/fas-notes/

https://ask.fedoraproject.org/t/what-can-i-do-with-my-fedora-account-fas/1475

If you go to the fedora email archives, and search for posts by Adam
Williamson, you will find that a lot of his posts are related to the
testing of Fedora.

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/