Re: Anyone use spf and dmarc and dkim?

On 6/17/22 11:50, Thomas Cameron wrote:
On 6/17/22 11:16, Thomas Cameron wrote:
Yeah, I changed it to soft fail (~all) instead of -all before. Also, to be clear, I only added the list server address for testing purposes. I wouldn't leave it that way. I was just trying to figure out why I was getting errors and how I could fix them.

But my point is, setting up spf works as expected. I've verified it via my emails to known correctly configured mail servers like GMail. What I don't understand is why, when it is apparently set up correctly, are there mail servers which throw errors when I send email through a mailing list. Is it a misconfiguration of the mailing list? Is it a misconfiguration of the receivers?

I mean, setting up spf isn't rocket science. There are tons of tutorials, and I am reasonably certain it's set up correctly since my emails come through with PASS ratings when I check them via e.g. GMail. Why are they failing when I send them through an email list server? What is the misconfiguration that you are saying I have?

And here's what I get every time I post to this list. It's a small handful of mail servers that send me what appears to be incorrect errors because the ip address of the Fedora mail server is different from my mail server. I think it's stale DNS data now, since I've changed the TXT record.

https://imgur.com/a/AdQ9Y18

Hopefully I've nailed it down. I've stripped some weird/extraneous stuff out of the TXT entries in DNS and gone to the bare minimum. I'll see if I get bounces when I send this.

Thomas