Re: Boot hang after grub menu

> I hit an issue that seems very strange, hoping for some help. I upgraded one of my displays a couple
> of weeks ago and decided I needed to upgrade the video card too. Just came in yesterday, an ASUS
> Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650. This isn't a gaming rig, just text windows, browsers, and VirtualBox
> machines. The old card is an Nvidia GT 1030. With the 1030 installed, the system boots normally.
>
> When I install the 1650, I get the motherboard splash screen then the grub boot menu on the display.
> After timeout or making a selection, the screen clears, the USB keyboard turns off, then nothing.
> The display stays active - it doesn't go to sleep. Probably the wrong idea, but I also tried booting
> the F35 live DVD thinking it might have something to do with the video driver. But I believe the
> boot sequence continues for some time using VGA mode, so the driver shouldn't come into play at that
> point in the boot process.
>
> Booting with the 1030, the USB keyboard turns off after a selection is made from the grub menu, but
> it comes back on in about a second. I saw one hint regarding the 1650 related to secure boot, since
> disabled to no avail. I'm not having much luck finding postings describing the same problem, so I'm
> pretty much stuck. It's an ASUS motherboard and an ASUS video card so perhaps I need to open the
> issue with them.

I had a problem with booting looking the same.
(Dell laptop, NVIDIA card Quadro P3200)
Trying to debug, I added to
/boot/grub2/grub.cfg

set debug=all

(after
 set pager=1)
This did not help much with debugging, but the system booted.

Another way to boot was to power off and retry with power on,
perhaps more than once.

Starting with the kernel
5.16.9-200.fc35.x86_64
the system boots, for the time being at least.

greg