Re: Issues With Thunderbird Version 91--May Be OT

On 9/15/21 21:19, Tim Evans wrote:
I have several of issues with the latest Thunderbird e-mail tool that came down via dnf lately; thunderbird-91.1.0-1.fc34.x86_64. (Prior version was 78.something.) Some are just annoying; one is major.

First, annoying.  Starting a new message, the Send button is grayed out *IF* there is anything in the Bcc field. As I normally Bcc myself on all messages, this hits every time.  Clearing the field, re-enables the Send button.  Refilling the Bcc field does NOT cause the Send button to go gray.

Second, more annoying, when trying to reply to a message, the Send box is grayed out and cannot be restored, even by clearing the Bcc box. I have not found any way to actually send a reply (other than to go to my mobile phone and do it there).

Third, less annoying, access to my local on-disk mailspool (referred to in Thunderbird as "movemail") has disappeared. Not a big deal, as I can review local logfiles with a command-line mailtool like good ole 'mailx.'

Fourth, and a major problem, my Address Book has disappeared. The data appears to still be there, as I can start typing an address and have it auto-completed, but the address book itself appears empty, and can't be opened for browsing.

FLASH: after all this Send totally fails, even though button appears active, so this saved draft was called up and sent from phone.

Hi!

Similar feelings, pdf now open by default in ... "Thunderbird"! I mean really? Attachment interface is terrible and works half of the time (or less), whereas the 'old' drap & drop used to work great and be somehow lightweight.

My address book is however still here, so it could be a specific issue to your setup. And while I never BCC myself, I tried and again that worked. I just put myself in BCC and nobody else anywhere. So maybe you need to reset some configuration files somewhere to get a fresh and working install.

Not sure it really addresses your issues but maybe it will help to fix them.

Fred