Re: Qemu-kvm KDE VM steels my mouse

On 7/11/21 10:09 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 12/07/2021 13:03, ToddAndMargo via users wrote:
On 7/11/21 9:52 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 12/07/2021 12:46, ToddAndMargo via users wrote:
On 7/11/21 9:08 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
Why don't you just create a new VM and install as normal?

The clone is only 36 GB

I did the same thing with gnome and the mouse
is not confined.

And I will probably erase them both in a week or so.

Well, then you can live with the current condition if you're not willing to try and create a new VM from the start.  I'd rather not waste time trying to solve an issue
that will be thrown away in short order.

Hi Ed,

I am not sure why you took offense.  I cloned a
Fedora VM becasue i was all set up the way it
would be if I had set it up from scratch for
another Fedora VM. So I had thought I had already
done what you suggested.  And I truly meant no
offense.

I didn't take offense.  I just don't see any upside to working on this small issue that will
be thrown away in a week.

I've never done the procedure you've done and never will.  I find it best to always start clean.  So, if that isn't what you're interested in doing. Then I don't have any additional suggestions and don't think it is worth the time to try and fix this
minor problem that won't exist in a week or so.

Simple, and factual, as that.

Hi Ed,

Over the multiple years, I have tweaked and played
around with the VM setups a lot. I cloned as I did
not want to recreate the wheel, when I had a great
working wheel to start with.

I am gathering information as to the Osmo pop up
issue.  After that I will no longer need it.
I essentially will have to answer questions about
the bug reports, so I will need them around for
that until they reproduce on their own, at which
time I will recover the space.   I have a VM of
Ubuntu Xfce kicking around to, I will probably
recover the space for that too.   I just do not
care for Ubuntu.  Ubuntu Xfce does not confine
my mouse either.

I also am curious as to how gnome and kde work.
Kde seems very polished.  gnome is just to
weird to use.  I have to have my task bar.
Task bars have shed tears after meeting me!

Xfce still seems the best for the way I
operate.  Xfce does have a bunch of annoying
bugs that can't either be fixed or won't fix.
But they are minor considering the alternatives.

As far as the confining of the mouse goes, all
will do this (including my various Windows VMs)
until the full os is in force.  ctl-alt-L get me out
if I am impatient, but none of the other will screen
lock when I do.  And as I have stated before, I
removed the ctl-alt-L screen lock keystroke in
kde and it made no difference.

I kind of like the way kde came out, so I may
create an new hard drive and start over at some
point and keep it around.  I need the practice
in setting up the drive partitions.

Also, I have two VM's for booting off of
standard, eufi USB flash drives and one for
booting off of ISOs, so I can always boot
into all the live ISOs I have.

And I do beieve you are correct about this being
a specific Xfce issue with libnotify.

Thank you for all the help so far.

:-)

-T