Re: Font Issue.....

On Mon, 24 May 2021 11:45:27 -0400
"Eddie O'Connor" <eoconnor25@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Looking this up now!.....(old age...is scary!....turning 50 this
> year....and all the things I took for granted?...are starting to play
> "catch-up!....sitting for long hours in a dimly lit room?...paying
> for that with my eyesight....long sessions sitting in my desk
> chair?...paying for that with my aching back, typing all manner of
> documents for hours at a time?....paying for that with my aching
> finger-joints!) and that last point made it necessary to switch from
> my beloved dasKeyboard, to a Red Dragon K557, yeah...its got
> RGB...something I wasn't interested in....but the FEEL of the
> keys!?...and the tactile touch without the massive amount of forced
> needed for the dsKeyboard, make it a godsend!

Yeah, the way of all flesh.  I'm reminded of a sign I used to see.  It
was a back country road, and there was a long, steep hill with a sharp
turn at the bottom.  It was common to pick up a lot of speed
coming down the hill.  Someone had placed a sign at the bottom of the
hill, just before the turn, that said, "Prepare to meet thy Lord." :-)

We're still using the venerable Mark I version of the body.  At some
point we'll have enough knowledge of the system to start correcting its
design flaws (it's designed to make lots of babies early and often, not
for longevity) in Mark II.  But we're not there yet, my guess is
sometime within the next century, no major upsets occurring.  After
that, the sky is the limit.  In five centuries, we would probably think
the 'people' (won't be homo sapiens) of that time are aliens.

You might want to look into an ergonomic keyboard, and using a
different keyboard layout.  QWERTY was designed to slow down typists so
they wouldn't go too fast for the mechanical typewriters of the time and
jam them up, but it is terrible for the hands.  Common alternatives are
Colemak or Dvorak. A good way to learn a new keyboard layout is to play
the old text game nethack with the keypad turned off.  It then uses the
keys of the keyboard for movement and everything else.  I went a step
farther and designed my own custom key mapping that fits my use case.
Approximately 80% home row, and the most frequently used keys under the
strongest fingers.

Think about some way to change your setup so you can alternate standing
and sitting.  Probably not easy, easier to just go for a walk, or do
some of the restorative exercises available for viewing on the web to
counter the long fixed positions of your muscles.

Eyes, use dark themes, and if you wear glasses, get some specially made
for looking at close objects like computer screens.  Optometrists will
be familiar with the requirement.

Again, these work for me, but your mileage might differ.