Re: F32 UEFI reboot complete OK if 'cold/hard'; but 'warm/soft' reboot hangs after Grub menu entry is selected ?

I am going to guess a "warm" reboot does not leave some piece of
critical hardware in a correct state (either to work, or that some
driver and/or grub needs/expects) and so something fails early.

Does the kernel post any messages? you might try removing quiet and
see if anything shows up at all, if nothing at all does then something
must be broken really early which would likely make it a firmware
issue.

There are options you can specify on the kernel line that will force a
hard/cold boot when you do a reboot, and setting that option is
probably the easiest solution.  I think it is boot=cold but at the
moment the machine I have to set that on to get it to work on reboots
is off so I cannot double check.

A bios update might fix it, but if the boot=cold does it, then I would
just set that.  The option is I believe designed for this sort of
issue.