Re: Logout cancelled by program

On Mon, 2020-10-19 at 08:43 -0700, Doug H. wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2020, at 8:25 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > If I'm running qBittorrent and try to log out with Ctrl-Alt-Del, or by
> > using the DE's menu, I get this message. It doesn't matter if qBT is
> > actually doing anything at the time. I have to manually quit the
> > program before these logout methods will work.
> >
> > I'm running KDE and previously asked this question on the Fedora KDE
> > list (back in May) but got no replies.
> >
> > Previous versions of Fedora never did this. Is there some magic setting
> > somewhere that I can turn off? It only ever happens with qBT but there
> > doesn't seem to be an in-program setting to control it. I even asked on
> > the qBT user's forum and again got no replies.
>
> One thing to check for:
>
> 8:39-doug@wombat-~>ps -ef | grep \[i]nhibit
> doug       24942    2694  0 08:39 pts/1    00:00:00 systemd-inhibit sleep 30
>
> That shows that I am running:
>
> 8:38-doug@wombat-~>systemd-inhibit sleep 30
>
> The man page for that says:
> "may be used to block or delay system sleep and shutdown requests from the user".
>
> I assume logout wold be included.
>
> I had thought it took root to do that but I am not getting an error when running it as the user. I did not try to logout while doing it, so this is not fully tested, just something to check for.

Thanks, that's educational, however it doesn't seem to be the culprit
in this case:

$ systemd-inhibit --list
WHO            UID  USER PID   COMM            WHAT                                                                       WHY                                                        MODE
ModemManager   0    root 922   ModemManager    sleep                                                                      ModemManager needs to reset devices                        delay
NetworkManager 0    root 67421 NetworkManager  sleep                                                                      NetworkManager needs to turn off networks                  delay
UPower         0    root 1632  upowerd         sleep                                                                      Pause device polling                                       delay
PowerDevil     1000 poc  68868 org_kde_powerde handle-power-key:handle-suspend-key:handle-hibernate-key:handle-lid-switch KDE handles power events                                   block
Screen Locker  1000 poc  68077 ksmserver       sleep                                                                      Ensuring that the screen gets locked before going to sleep delay

Note that qBittorrent is not listed.

poc