Re: Sane Scanner Resolution Configuration

On 23/7/20 11:22 am, Mike Flannigan wrote:

Glad it worked out for you.

I don't know why your Sane is so different from mine.
I cannot find the "Bind X and Y resolutions" option in
Window - Show Advanced Options or Preferences - Setup.

But your Sane works and mine works, so everybody is happy.
Yep, it is good to be working especially when xsane scans the background colours, where the native epson scanner under windows doesn't retain the background colours even though the option to remove background colours is not selected. In my xsane, if I select Window->Show advance options, the options that are listed are 'Bind X and Y resolutions', Gamma (set to 1.8), JPEG Quality (set to 90) and Transfer Size (set to 1048). What causes the first checkbox to be displayed I have no idea, unless it has something to do with the imagescan software being installed, as sane is using the imagescan configuration file to access the scanner.

regards,
Steve

Mike