Re: Where are the microcode updates for Crosstalk in F32 ?

The CPU firmware can be delivered either by the bios (install at post)
or the firmware package (install at linux boot, only temporary for
this boot and the specific kernels that have that firmware).

As noted before the firmware is put at the start of the initramfs and
is loaded early in kernel startup, so if firmware is updated you would
need to rebuild all initramfs'es to make sure all get the new
firmware.

And at the end of the day the new firmware comes from Intel itself,
and Intel has not been updating the older affected cpus, and some of
the older affected cpus that are getting updates come much later than
the newest cpus.  And on top of that some of the firmware updates that
have been released for a few days or weeks have caused fatal crashes
from rare defects in the firmware, before the firmware update is
pulled and fixed.