Re: repeatable usb crash

There are a number of different SD card readers, each of their drivers
have unique issues.   With one specific card I had my laptop reader
failed to read the card at all, but when put on a different linux
machine it worked fine.  That was an issue because the specific SD
card lied about voltages it could use and one driver trusted its info
and the one that worked did not  This specific bug I did find details
specific to exactly my card and my read in the kernel.  My card is a
sandisk extreme uhs-3 sdxc.  So google for your card (lsusb and/or
lspci should show the reader, dmesg should also.

The usb bus probably stays powered across a reboot, so if the device
fully locks up and won't accept a reset during boot it will stay
locked up and continue to mess up the usb port.

.