Re: nfs: server ipaddress not responding, time out

lazyunmount leaves all processes that were accessing the nfs server
still accessing it with files and directories open.  In reality
lazyunmount has very few valid uses and quite a few invalid uses that
it does not exactly do what you think it does.  Lazyunmount removes it
from the visible mount table, but everything using it will still be
using it.   And to clear up all of those accesses you either need to
fix the nfs server, or kill all processes accessing it on the client
(typically you might as well reboot the client since generally
everything important is often using the nfs resources).  The only use
I have seen for it is to fix a client that only a small portion of
processes are using the nfs mount and they are not critical while the
ones still working are.  At best I view it as an option to buy you a
few hours so that the reboot can be schedule event.