Re: LVM Merge hangs at 100%

The problem is with the LVM version that comes with the stock install. This is the version:

LVM Version: 2.03.05(2)
Library Version: 1.02.163
Driver Configuration: 4.40.0

Using a linux distro that uses a more recent version solves the problem. For me, I used ArcoLinux which uses a more recent version by default:

LVM version: 2.02.186(2)
Library version: 1.02.164
Driver Version: 4.41.0

The driver are however updated in Fedora after a fresh install my running sudo dnf upgrade or my upgrading from the Software Centre.