Re: Ryzen CPU + ECC memory

Google reports this answer:

AMD confirms that Ryzen support ECC memory
In simple terms, this means that AMD's Ryzen CPUs have full support
for ECC memory, but AMD does not want to officially provide any QA or
official support for ECC on their consumer platforms.Mar 2, 2017

A couple of answers on the 3900x processors someone does say the ECC
does work on theirs.

That would say this, AMD probably has exactly the same memory
controller for both that has integral ECC (it would actually cost them
more money to be making 2 separate chips than just one) in it  On the
consumer models they may not be testing and/or validating if it
actually works or if they happened to have one that had a non-function
ECC part that part would be disqualified from being a PRO but may be
sold as a non-pro.  It likely means they simply did not test it at all
and it probably works, and there are only a very few that a really
have actually non-functional ECC.

In the past I though AMD has had ECC in there memory controller all of
the time.  On my ancient processers (FM2 and AM2 type) The kernel
reports ECC disabled on Node 0, EDAC reports that my ECC is disabled
in the bios and/or there is no ECC ability, which makes sense since I
don't have ECC dimms installed.