Re: Upgrade of F30 to F31 Appears to Have not Worked Correctly

On 2020-01-13 13:08, Stephen Morris wrote:
> On 13/1/20 11:39, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 2020-01-13 04:49, Stephen Morris wrote:
>>> I tried a reinstall from scratch of F29 in another VM and upgraded it to F31 and the issue is still there in Gnome under Wayland. If I start Gnome Classic or Gnome on Xorg the issue does not occur.
>> I installed F29 Workstation from the LiveDVD in a QEMU VM.
>> I then updated, installed the dnf upgrade plugin and rebooted.
>> I then did the upgrade from F29 to F31.
>>
>> Looks fine.
>>
>> Should I be doing an additional step to try and recreate the issue?
> No, that is what I did. The Gnome Terminal displays 2 overlayed windows and only the one that is the bottom of the two accepts input.  Firefox displays pages alternating between the page content overlaying the address bar and the address bar overlaying pages, and as a result if the page has menus I can't select the menus. The issue didn't occur in F29 with Wayland.
> In the vm where I removed my account from sudoers (I've got it back again now) I got these issues under Wayland, but they did not happen with Gnome in Xorg nor with KDE, and not only does it happen with Firefox V72 it also happens with Firefox V74.0a1 which was installed from a tar file in F30. In that image F31 was an upgrade from F30 where these issues were not present. I am running the VM's in Vmware Player V15 which has been updated each time maintenance became available. Also with this issue occurring in the VM with KDE installed, reinstalling Gnome via dnf group install did not rectify the issue, and nor did installing a custom operating system via dnf group install. As a side issue Thunderbird V74.0a1 does not appear to exhibit the issue.
> One other thing I've just remembered with this issue, if I have the Gnome Terminal or Firefox un-maximised the issue doesn't occur, it only occurs if they are maximised. I don't know if the screen resolution has anything to do with it, the monitor runs at a resolution of 3840x2160, but because I'm in a vm I have to run it at 3840x2075(9:5).

You're using VMware Player, I'm using virt-manger.  VMware Player is not free, is it?
Have you asked on the VMware support groups if anyone is seeing that sort of issue?
And, have you tried selecting a lower resolution?

Anyway, the max resolution in full-scree mode for my VM's are 2560X1440 (16:9).

--
The key to getting good answers is to ask good questions.