Re: Root Forced to Comply With Password Complexity Requirements

+1 - with the asininities being reported for Centos 8 and now Fedora it's probably time to look for me on some other distribution.

If I want an all text no caps no punctuation no numbers password 102 characters long let me do it. *I* am the one who suffers not you dweebs. Doing it my way I have gone online since 1980 without any problems and on computers since 1962* without being hacked. I must be doing something right. If I arrange the computer so that it requires a minute between password trials how long would it take to guess "grimreap" and hack my system? How long do you think that source of hacking attempts would have enough access to get to a password prompt. THAT is security not stupid password rule enforcement which leads to forgotten passwords.

{^_^}   Joanne
* At University of Michigan as a freshman taking the Michigan Arden Decoder class er 'scuse me - Michigan Algorithm Decoder.