Re: [OT] best (Linux based!) all-in-one NAS-VPN-firewall?

On 6/30/19 5:57 AM, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
Am 29.06.2019 um 10:51 schrieb M. Fioretti:
One of my jobs in the next months will be Free Software teaching/
consulting for a small private school. Part of the consulting consists
of helping the school to evaluate how to set up some infrastructure,
using Linux/Free Software as much as possible.

I have been just asked to, quoting, "suggest an all-in-one
NAS-VPN-firewall for the school". [...]

I am a bit surprised that so far nobody has commented on that request that it is not a good idea to combine the 3 features your client asks for in a single system. Well, VPN server and a firewall can be combined. But I would strongly recommend not to host a NAS on the same instance.

I was thinking just this yesterday.

I know this type of customer and why they ask for such solution. But you as their consultant should do more than to search for such a miscombination from my point of view.

That too.