Re: Cloning of existing fedora install failing at switch root. Does systemd keep system state?

Based on not finding bash, I would think that t may not be finding your rootlv.

That generally means either the driver for the disk controller/scsi,
or a critical filesystem component, or something else is missing in
the required pieces to find the rootlv.  You said you aren't using LVM
so that simplifies some things.

If you have a serial port and a serial crossover cable and/or enough
scroll back if you remove quiet you should be able to see the disk
controller init and other messages so you can confirm what is or is
not getting found.

Ripping apart the initrd and/or using lsinitrd to check various
components to see if all the pieces are there and/or all of the
settings are right in the initrd files is probably a good idea.

I have had dracut get confused and not include critical parts because
of system config issues when dracut was being run, but most of those
should have went away when you did hostonly=no.