Re: DHCP fails on wired Ethernet after F29-F30 upgrade

On 5/26/19 2:16 AM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage via users wrote:
Yes, I'm sure the wired Ethernet is working. I have two servers in the
other room running fixed IP addresses. The DHCP server is on my U-verse
residential gateway, and it's working fine for all WiFi devices. The
wired Ethernet was working fine under F29 with the same DHCP service.

The servers with fixed addresses don't verify that the DHCP is working on the ethernet. Can you use tcpdump on one of them to see if the DHCP broadcasts are visible?

Also, ethtool verifies that the RJ45 port is working correctly.

That just confirms that the driver thinks the port is working, but you already know that because NetworkManager believes the connection is up.

The dnf upgrade blew away the old /etc/grub and /boot. I'm wondering if
there is some SELinux construct that failed to upgrade completely. As I
said, following the F29-F30 upgrade there were a lot of SELinux
complaints until I reset the contexts on the / filesystem.

So you don't have any entries for older kernel versions?

Fedora has evolved so much with NetworkManager, systemd, and other
major changes. I've lost track of how a DHCP transaction actually takes
place in Fedora now, and what supporting services are at play. Other
than journalctl, I don't know where to look any more.

According to the journal and NetworkManager, the DHCP requests are going out, but not getting any response. Have you tried a different ethernet cable? I have had them fail in only one direction before.