Cannot boot windows dual boot -- is this a grub issue?

I just installed Fedora29 on my brand new HP laptop.  The installation
went fine, and Fedora comes up fine.  However, I was trying to install
it as a dual boot machine, and the Windows option does not come up
either with a "normal" grub bootup or when I choose boot options in
BIOS.

THe box has hybrid drive -- 256G SSD and 1 TB regular.  I'm installing
everything on the SSD right now, and then will link out stuff or
repartition just a bit to move things to the 1 TB drive.  But I thought
I'd just stick to the SSD for installation to minimize hassles.

I didn't delete or overwrite the EFI partition, and /boot/efi has what
appears to be old HP, Microsoft, and Boot directories in addition to
the new fedora directory.

The only thing that was unusual in this installation was that I got the
warning that because I was using GPT, I had to create a 1 MB
bootsomethingsomething partition -- which I did.

So, now my drive looks like:

partition      name         fs       mount     sz          flags
/dev/nvme0n1p1  EFI         fat32   /boot/efi   260 MB     boot,esp
/dev/nvme0n1p2 MS reserved  unknown              16 MB     msftres
/dev/nvme0n1p3 basic data   ntfs                60 GB      msftdata
/dev/nvme0n1p5              grub2.core.img       2 MB      bios_grub
/dev/nvme0n1p6              lvm2 pv  fedora     55.89 GB   lvm
/dev/nvme0n1p4 basic data   ntfs               980 MB      hidden,diag

There's about 121 unallocated GB on the SSD, and the 1 TB drive isn't
mounted.

Eventually, this will be a triple boot system, with the other OS being
qubesOS.  However, I need a vanilla Fedora boot option because qubesOS
won't support some graphics I need for some apps. But, I usually
install the Qubes stuff last, since it's such a joy.

So, I have two questions:

1) WHat is this 1 M bootsomethingsomething I had to make?  It looks
like it turned into something called bios_grub.  I've never had to do
this before.

2) Can someone point me to resources to learn how to troubleshoot
making grub see my Windows stuff?  Or give me any ideas?

Thanks!

billo