Re: Replacing email list for users with a web forum software called Discourse, what's your opinion?

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 14:30:33 -0700
"Doug H." <fedoraproject.org@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have been doing some reading at https://discussion.fedoraproject.org
>
> It is as if it is a totally different list compared to this list. I
> had not even heard of Silverblue until reading there. Seems like a
> good percentage of the contributors are using it. There are some
> questions that would fit right in here but mostly not. So I am either
> missing something or the user base of that list is not the same as
> here. Maybe we are all the old school and they are all new?
>
> But even if it were 100% the same I would vote with the folk that like
> the mailing list much better. I will not promise to never read that
> forum if this one goes away but I know I will check it much less than
> I have been checking this one.

I wasn't clear.  The link isn't to any potential replacement for the
users list.  It is to a sample that is for some other lists in fedora
so people could see what Discourse looked like, and how it works.
Silverblue is the new name, only recently changed, for atomic host,
Fedora's containerized OS.  My understanding is that this is mostly for
cloud usage.  It sounds neat, but is still in early days, though there
are modules in repositories available for standard rpm Fedora now, too.
There are ongoing discussions about whether it can co-exist with rpm
Fedora in the long term, how to retain package synchronization, etc.  I
haven't tried any containers yet, and I'm not sure that a container OS
makes sense for my use case, but as it matures, I might give it a whirl.