Re: Wifi Connection in F28 KDE Timing out Waiting for Kwallet Password?

On 9/10/18 8:20 am, Stephen Morris wrote:
Hi,

    I am using KDE as my desktop and have my networkmanager wifi definition configured to store the wifi password encrypted, hence it is stored in Kwallet. This morning, as the kettle had boiled, after supplying my password to log into KDE I went and made myself a cup of coffee and my wife a cup of tea, which wouldn't have taken any longer than a couple of minutes, when I got back Kwallet was prompting for the Kwallet password so that the wifi password could be retrieved. Having provided the Kwallet password the wifi did not connect, I had to connect the wifi manually. Is this normal behaviour, normally when supplying the Kwallet password as soon as prompted for it connects both the firewall and wifi, and, in this case I don't know whether the firewall connected even though the wifi didn't or whether it connected when I manually connected the wifi as I didn't see the normal firewall connection message?

I tried the same thing this morning, went and made a cup of coffee and cup of tea when kwallet displayed its password prompt, and then supplied the password about 1.75 minutes later, and the wifi network was not connected to, even though the wifi definition is set to 'auto connect when available'.

As a further test I rebooted the machine and supplied the kwallet password as soon as prompted and the wifi network was immediately connected to.

Is this a defect that I should raise in bugzilla if I can remember how to do it (including resetting my password if I need to)?

regards,

Steve

regards,

Steve