Re: Turning off LEDs on MSI GM10 gaming mouse

On 21/9/18 11:17 am, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

On 9/20/18 7:55 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:

On 9/20/18 6:33 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
Can anyone recommend a mouse with a REAL light touch and for the scroll wheel as well.  Especially the scroll wheel.  I am about to take this mouse back.
Have you considered  something like a Kensington Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball?  It
isn't one of those trackball mice that you use your thumb.
The mouse and keyboard are connected to a KVM.  I just switched to the Tripplite KVM that accepts USB unlike my old Belkin that required old PS/2.  So wireless is
out.  thanks

I'm not familiar with Tripp Lite.  You say it has USB?  Wouldn't that mean it would
accept the USB dongle of the Kensington?

I am big on Tripplite UPS (since '84), but this is my first other product from them.  Their B006-VU4-R.

There are tagged ports for keyboard and mouse, so it may be that they are implemented separately.  Or it could just not matter. But why label them if it doesn't matter?

Somewhere I have an old wireless keyboard.  I may dig it out and see if it still works...

In an earlier thread in this list of threads I posted the xinput data for my logitech devices. I am using a Logitech Powerplay Wireless Charging "Mat" the plugs in via usb and a Logitech G910 gaming mouse that is designed to work with the Powerplay or without it. If using the Powerplay you don't need to plug the wireless transmitter for the mouse into the usb, and the mouse also comes with a cable so that you can run it wired if you want to, and as a side effect running it wired also charges the built in battery. Situated just below the scroll wheel on the mouse there is a button to switch between the scroll wheel having the normal drag and no drag at all so that when you scroll the wheel you can't even feel it. Under that button there is also two buttons for scrolling the dpi up and down as well. It also has 4 side buttons on it with caps that can be removed and replaced with caps that disable the 4 side buttons if you want to. I haven't tested it but the scroll wheel can be tilted left and right if to provide horizontal scrolling if you want it. The one issue with this mouse, based on what you said in an earlier thread, is it is significantly more expensive than what you paid for your existing mouse. Both devices have leds, but if you have windows the logitech software provides the capability of storing the dpi and led configurations in the device itself, in which case they function in that configured mode under Linux. I have set both my devices and my logitech gaming keyboard up that way as the linux utilities available on Github don't compile under the current F28 current kernels, the person who wrote the software on Github does have binary modules that you need to copy to the appropriate system directories which may work, but I would rather compile them through dkms so that the get recompiled every kernel change.

regards,

Steve