Re: [F27] Dolphin status bar has become huge!

On 06/30/2018 04:42 PM, Frédéric wrote:
Hi ,

I am running F27. I updated my distribution on Friday evening and
Dolphin has now a huge status bar which is very annoying (see attached
picture).

The version of dolphin is 17.12.2.

Kind regards,

Hello, Frédéric
After I wrote all this, I saw the email that Rex sent. Haven't tried that yet, but I do know that this workaround works without any updates.

I have the same problem with Dolphin version 18.07.70.  I have found a workaround. For me, Dolphin opens with a wide sidebar and a tall status bar, even if I have no panels open on the left hand side.  With no panels open, the workaround will not work, because you cannot resize the panel on Dolphin if there is no panel... But after you follow the following directions, you can close the panel/panels if you prefer, and your status bar will remain the correct size (until you close and reopen Dolphin of course...)

1. Make sure you have at least one panel open.  If you hit "F7" or "F9" the panels that I use will be opened.
2. Place you mouse pointed on the border of the panel.
3. Hold down left mouse button.
4. Resize the panel.  As little as a few pixels will do just fine.
5. Let go of the left mouse button.
6. Enjoy your correctly sized status bar!

After your status bar is correctly sized, you can close any panel that you opened.

Just to clarify, you will have to resize a VERTICAL panel as slightly as you want to get the desired result of having the HORIZONTAL status bar be the correct size.

Why this works, I have no idea. I just know that it does.

Steven P. Ulrick

P.S.: I just realized that there is also an issue with the panel. If I close Dolphin with NO panels open and then reopen Dolphin, I get the tall status bar, but I also get a blank space the same width that the panel would take up, only it is blank...