Re: portable (non-live) Fedora on an external USB drive

Update....

I was able to create a working "portable" USB disk by installing on
the *internal* disk, and then dd'ing it over to the USB disk (and
zero-ing the internal disk to make sure it didn't boot from there).
However, a 2nd older system still does not see the USB disk as a boot
device.  I'm thinking this might be because anaconda is creating the
partition table as GPT, and the older system might not understand it?
As a test, I am trying again with a 2nd disk with a DOS partition
table.