Re: HYPERKITTY does not show messages parts being addressed in replies.

(replying to several posts, including some in the two sub-threads)

(Kevin; 3/27 1:03pm (mountain time?))
> Did you check your spam folder in case it ended up in there?
I did, after seeing your question.  The messages were there.  Thank-you.

(Ed; 3/27 3:53pm (mountain time?))
> I have replied here to a long message posted by "kevin",
> expanded all the sections with the "..." and the reply only shows
> "On 03/27/2018 12:03 PM, home user wrote:" and only contains
> what "kevin" wrote. Extremely confusing.
I see the same thing.  Later, I'll go back to the issue and add a comment about this.  A fix might be needed to handle quotes within quotes.  (recursion.  ouch.)

(Todd; 3/28 9:43am)
I agree.

(yahoo.com address)
Burned into my memory is a TV network newscast report several years ago in which one reporter sent a gmail to a coworker.  He mentioned lunch in that message.  Seconds later, the recipient received an ad for a pizzeria.  Gmail is well known to not respect the privacy of message contents.  I highly value privacy.  Now yahoo mail has gone downhill since then (hacked twice big-time!).  I don't know if gmail has become more respecting of privacy.  I'm thinking of switching.  But I'm reluctant.  (I wonder if this list will now get a message containing a pizzeria ad.)  I do understand the posts about yahoo.com, DMARC, etc.

(Patrick; 3/27 3:58pm)
> Perhaps one or two yahoo.com users could post here just to check it's working
> and we gmail.com users can see their messages.
This post should qualify as one test.
By the way, how many of this list's members use yahoo.com for this list?

> Why as one gets older they mis-type more frequently and no amount of proof reading helps?
>  And why do people use the word "one" when they mean "I".  :-) :-)
Hmmm...  So one am not the only one?!  :-)  Encouraging...  one think.

> Haha. And it might be better than finding oneself using "we" as if to account
> for all the voices in one's head. :)
I notice that at least one member posting in this thread has two avatars!

Thank-you for the participation and the efforts to fix this.
Bill.