Re: empty messages from fedora users list. [CLOSED]

I did the comcast speed test twice.  I got download speeds of 66-68 Mbps and upload speeds of about 6.6 Mbps.

I tried Evolution several times over the last few days.  Fedora users lists show up just fine.  Downloads seem almost instantaneous.

I used Thunderbird to send a 5+megabyte (not megapixel) picture as an attachment to an e-mail to myself (but different e-mail account).  The upload of the message and attached picture took well less than one minute.  I later signed into that second e-mail account in Evolution, selected that message, and displayed the picture.  Almost instantaneous.  (In Thunderbird, the download would take almost an hour!)  All subsequent selections of that message and displays of the picture were essentially instantaneous, even after logging out of and back into the Fedora account, even after powering the workstation down and back up.

I notice that in Evolution, when I do File->Quit, a "ps -ef" afterwards shows Evolution is still running.  I also don't know if Evolution is storing messages or attachments locally.  Was that 5+ megabyte picture downloaded and stored while I was doing something else?  So I don't know if the above test has any real validity.

By the way, I notice that after logging out of the Fedora account and logging into another Fedora account, Evolution from the first account is still running.  That's not what I want.  When I do File->Quit, I want Evolution and all its child processes to "die".  Why doesn't that happen?

thanks,
Bill.