Re: Copying/duplicating files from ServerA to ServerB

Hi.

Thanks for the replies.

So far, the dup process will consist of
a- generate list of all service/3rd party processes running on the base server
b- generate list of packages installed from the dnf/yum/rpm
     --hopefully "a" and "b" more or less match!
c- generate the required "steps" to implement/regenerate any misc
processes on the target server
    to match the base server
d- handle/recheck any/all config files -- fstab/ssh_config/exportfs/etc..
1- generate/fire up the base server
2- replicate the users from the base server to the target server
    -this requires same username/home folders/guid to allow the same
perms/privs on the files/dirs as well as process ownership
3- rsync/cp all dirs/folders from base to target
4- regenerate all packages from yum/dnf as required on the target server
5- reinstall any 3rd party apps/processes  -- yum/dnf/pip/easy_install etc..
6- restart processes
7- firewall/dns/netwroking/port issues   -- TBD..

etc/passwd
etc/shadow
etc/group
etc:gshadow

does the rsync handle "hidden" files/dirs??

have I left anything out??

thanks