Re: OT: Getting lot of "TCP Retransmission" when ssh to on machine

Den 2017-11-12 kl. 00:53, skrev George N. White III:
> On 11 November 2017 at 11:28, Jon Ingason <jon.ingason@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:jon.ingason@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Hi, know that this not a Fedora problem. I have browsed the web without
>     getting answer the fit the problem I have.
>
>     I thing this has something to do with the network between to machines.
>     One, machine A, is in my study in my house the other, machine B, is in
>     my garage that i about 10 m away from house. Machine A is connected
>     directly the main Internet router.
>

> By direct, do you mean using a cable or wifi?  Does A get an internet
> address or
> a private subnet address?

I should be have more clearer in my description.
When I say connected directly I mean connected with cable.
Both A and B have static IP addresses on same pivate subnet (192.168.1.0/24)

>     Between that router and machine B are
>     two extenders, C and D. Extender C is in extender mode, while D i meshed
>     to C. Machine B is directly connected to D.
>
>     The problem is that when I ssh from B to A everything is as it should
>     be. But if I ssh from A to B I get lot of "TCP Retransmission". The
>     connection from B to Internet is working excellent as well as for all
>     other devices connected to my network.
>

> If A has an internet address and B is on a private subnet using NAT,
> A won't be able to connect to B, but B can connect to A.

Se above and below.

>     I just wonder if someone had some experience similar problems.
>
>     Machines A and B are x86_64 Fedora 26 kernel 4.13.11-200
>     Router is ASUS RT-N66R
>     Extenders are Strong Range Extender 1600
>     -
>

> That router supports multiple subnets with different access restrictions and
> the range extender has "access point mode" which usually has NAT.  If
> you don't need A or B to be reachable on the internet or separate subnets
> with access restrictions, you should try to keep A and B on the same
> (private)
> subnet.

The extender C is in extender mode.
The extender D is in mesh mode.