Thinkpad X301 Trackpoint Sensitivity Setting

I booted up my laptop yesterday to find that the Trackpoint sensitivity had
somehow dramatically increased such that a slight nudge sends the mouse pointer
flying across the screen, and clicking on any buttons or menu items requires me
to circle around the selected item like a plane approaching the runway before I
can finally make the selection.

I have no idea what caused this, and to my knowledge I haven't installed
anything manually or through daily updates that would cause such a dramatic
change. This laptop started as a Fedora 26 XFCE installation but I'm using i3wm
for my daily driver. Logging into XFCE and adjusting the Trackpoint ("pointing
stick") sensitivity in xfce4-settings-manager appears to have some
effect while in XFCE; these changes don't follow over to i3 and when I run
Settings under i3 any changes don't appear persist or have any effect (e.g. the
sensitivity defaults to 5; I set it to a more sane 2 and close the window. No
effect on the pointer speed, and re-opening Settings shows the sensitivity back
at 5).

Looking online, there is an enormous amount of vestigial information on just
where the configuration for Trackpoint settings is stored and how it is done,
often with no indication of which is the most recent method or what is
distro-specific. Some instructions are written for Ubuntu or Arch and mention
locations which don't exist. I've seen the solution related to xinput, evdev,
hal, udev; configurations should go in Xorg.conf
or /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-somenamedfile.conf or .xinitrc or...; there are
references to attributes being exposed
at /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/serio2/ which also doesn't exist on my
machine. In general, it's a confusing mess, and it's demanding a
disproportionately ridiculous amount of work just so I'm not constantly
overshooting toolbar buttons in LibreOffice.

I won't even try to diagnose what property might have magically changed in
from one day to the next that turned a perfectly working system into one with
this distracting annoyance; that way lies madness. But can anyone tell me
just WHERE I would go to attempt to change the sensitivity of a Thinkpad
Trackpoint (I suppose this would be the same place as general mouse/touchpad
settings) on a Fedora 26 installation? And more specifically, are there any
X300/301/similar-era Thinkpad users here who have had experiences configuring
your Trackpoint/touchpad in recent Fedora releases?

Thanks in advance.