Re: Firefox/TLS Handshake -

On 08/15/17 16:25, Tim wrote:
I don't see that.  It could be that the page, at*that*  time, was
trying to reference something from Google, and that bit of things
wasn't loading.

Though I'd be surprised that something on Firefox's homepage was doing
that.  I'm more inclined to think it was Firefox auto-checking for
updates to the Google search feature.
+

I dunno, but it usually just works, I click on the little arrow at the left end of the URL bar. it displays some historical addresses, I clicked on Google.com as I usually do and the "error" message appeared and nothing happened in a reasonable length of time. Normally that message is not displayed, it goes to the search window quickly.

I believe there was a Firefox upgrade this morning when I did the
usual dnf upgrade.
Did you completely quit Firefox and restart it since the update?
+
There was a new kernel update and I rebooted the computer after that installed.

I've found that if Firefox is running while it's updated, it soon goes
into an unusable condition.  Close all open Firefox windows, check
there's no processes still open (downloads, background doo-dads, etc).
And for the big fight, if it's not quitting, run "killall firefox" in a
command line, or "killall -9 firefox" if you need the really big
hammer.
+

I cleared/closed all open windows, shutdown Firefox and restarted it and opened a few new tbs that I look at routinely, weather, ISP usage, etc. The problem accessing google remained. I tried an alternate, dudkduckgo, and it does not report any TLS handshake action at all.

My Firefox, pre-update was 54.0.1 (64-bit), and working fine.
Post update, is 55.0.1 (64-bit), and still working fine.
Including with the firefox.com link in your message.

+
Like yours it is shown as Firefox 55.0.1 (64-bit).

All the other things I have viewed with Firefox work as expected, only the google search site is problematic. I'll wait and see what happens ...
-- [tim@localhos

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD