Re: Fedora-26: KDE Scrollbars no longer have arrows at their ends

Allegedly, on or about 30 July 2017, Samuel Sieb sent:
> Why would you ever use the arrows?  And why would you use the thumb
> for anything other than general location in a large file?  Do you have
> a mouse without a wheel or a touchpad that doesn't do scrolling?

Not on KDE, but when window scroll bars work normally, I do find that
it's convenient to:

Scroll through some pages with a mouse wheel, but that gets painful on
the fingers with very long pages.

Sometimes it's convenient to click on the scroll bar, and drag it up and
down with the mouse, instead, for rapidly scrolling through long things.

Sometimes it's convenient to click in the space above or below a scroll
bar to page through a file (which can't be done when a scroll bar is set
to jump to an absolute position in the file, as it will jump to a point
that you cannot possibly predict).

Occasionally it's convenient to click on the arrows either side of a
scroll bar to slowly scroll through something, for those moments where
something is just off the edge and you don't want to let go of the mouse
and reach for the keyboard.  But single-step up and down clicks are
generally more useful to setting values in configuration (e.g. how many
copies to print), than page scrolling.

And that latter point emphasises a fundamental problem with the WIMP
GUI, that it's inconvenient and annoying to have to go back and forth
between keyboard and mouse.

Having to deal with scroll bars on trackpads is even worse.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
(always current details of the computer that I'm writing this email on)

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages