Re: DWA-192 Driver no Longer Compiles After Maintenance Update in F25

On 6/24/17 4:03 PM, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 06/23/2017 05:56 PM, Stephen Morris wrote:
I am using a DWA-192 usb WiFi adapter in F25 hence I need to get a driver from github to be compiled on my system so that I can use the adapter. This driver compiled and worked quite happily with kernel 4.9.9, not that the kernel version is necessarily an indicator of compile success. It had been a month or more since I had apply any system updates, so I did so two days ago, which as part of the update updated the kernel to 4.11.5, and when dkms went to compile the driver for the new kernel the compile failed with error messages about implicit function definitions and messages about warnings having been converted to errors.

That's the problem with using out-of-tree drivers. Someone has to keep them up-to-date with kernel changes.

Does anyone know if there is an updated driver that will compile with the current level of F25 or whether it has yet to be updated for compatibility with F25 and hence I will need to continue to use Ethernet internet access?

https://github.com/xxNull-lsk/rtl8812AU has a recent commit that mentions kernel 4.11. I think https://wikidevi.com/wiki/D-Link_DWA-192 is suggesting that you have to modify one of the files to add your device id to it.
I downloaded the rtl8812AU driver even though its not necessarily the right chipset (I believed the chipset in the DWA-192 was the rtl8814AU chipset) but when I compiled it, it failed with the same errors. It seems to me that the reason the source code is failing to compile after the system update is that the compiler has been changed, as this is the only reason I can see that source code that compiled fine before the update won't compile after the update, unless the functions that the compiler is rejecting as being implicitly defined, are functions that were defined in the 4.9.9 kernel but have been removed sometime between there and the 4.11.5 kernel.

regards,
Steve