Re: f24 boot fails; need help. [SOLVED]

Good afternoon,

Yesterday evening, a third IT grad student (PhD candidate specializing in cloud computing) came to help with this problem. After I showed him the log file and the discussion in this list, we booted, and of course it failed and dropped us into the dracut shell. He examined the rdsosreport.txt file. He ran "fdisk", but he typed too fast for me to see the whole command line. He responded 'y' to a few things, but it was too fast for me to see what. He then exited the dracut shell (I did not see him enter any "mount" commands.), and hit the hardware reset button. The system booted up successfully.

Later in the night, I shut the system down for the night. This morning it booted up fine. Early this afternoon, I did the weekly "dnf upgrade". Since the kernel was among the things patched, I shut the system down, and then booted it back up again. It booted successfully. I'm now willing to say the core problem is solved.

There are related questions that remain unanswered; I'll open new separate topics on them in the next few days. I see 10 list members (plus 4 off-list helpers) participated in this topic. I knew when the problem surfaced that this would be difficult. It turned out much more difficult, tedious, and time-consuming than I anticipated. But y'all got me through. Thank-you very much.

Bill.