Re: i want to install a package from debian to fedora

On 14.04.2017 16:11, Amir-Trend Plus wrote:
> Hi,
> for the alien thing, i've tried downloading the deb package, convert
> using alien but no go. it cannot installed the rpm.
> as for the espeak-ng and espeak are same or not, actually in 2006
> untul 2014, the synthesizer is called espeak, but for some reason the
> person who developed this dont know where he  goes, so a new person
> take over this project, rename the espeak to espeak-ng while providing
> updates and impprovements to it, such as adding more languages to this
> speech synthesizer. So, the new driver that i want, in fedora the
> package espeak-ng is available, but without the driver to communicate
> between speech-dispatcher and the espeak-ng, my screen reader wont
> know how to use  that espeak-ng. In debian, there ar two, one the
> speech-dispatcher-espeak-ng that i gave the url before, and the other
> is the library for espeak-ng, libespeak-ng1,
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/libespeak-ng1
> so, the espeak is the older version of the synthesizer, espeak-ng,
> stands for new generation, is newer and has many languages added.
> thanks for the help, hope to get this solved! :)

Looks like debian can build with both versions, ...
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/tts/speech-dispatcher.git/tree/configure#n1599
  --with-espeak           Compile with espeak support
  --with-espeak-ng        Compile with espeak-ng support

... therefore the result is:
$ ldd ./speech-dispatcher-espeak_0.8.6-4_amd64/usr/lib/speech-dispatcher-modules/sd_espeak | grep speak
	libespeak.so.1 => /lib64/libespeak.so.1 (0x00007f7079cb4000)
$ ldd ./speech-dispatcher-espeak-ng_0.8.6-4_amd64/usr/lib/speech-dispatcher-modules/sd_espeak-ng | grep speak
	libespeak-ng.so.1 => not found

Here is the package info:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/rpms/speech-dispatcher

Perhaps Peter and Ondřej can help?

Ref.
"Set the default output module to espeak-ng"
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/tts/speech-dispatcher.git/commit/?id=5a742484f439bf3eb155ac3278189987259b17c8
"how to make orca use espeak-ng on fedora 25"
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2017-February/msg00213.html