Re: [F25] issue with SSL connexions: Failure of SSL transaction with

On 04/07/17 16:32, Frédéric Bron wrote:
>> One would think that if this really was a "fedora" issue then many
>> others would be seeing the same problem.  I've not seen evidence for that.
> I have seen another thread with very slow wifi connexion. I wonder if
> it is not the same issue.

I think I may have lost part of the thread due to my "expiration"
policy.  Just to verify.  Both your Win and F25 systems are connected
via Wifi?  And, when they connect they are both connected to the same SSID?
>> You said you have a Windows system that doesn't have the problem.  I'm
>> assuming you only have those 2 systems.  Could you boot an F25 Live
>> image on that machine to see if it also exhibits the problem?
> Excellent idea. I just did that and got the same behaviour: I started
> fedora, typed the address of the python doc, nothing appeared. I had
> to retry about 10 times before it came.
> Just after that, I restarted the computer on windows and got the page
> immediately.

Assuming Wifi again, is the brand of HW and driver being used in the
liveOS the same as your installed F25 system?
>> Have you had a look at network traffic to see if you're getting many
>> packets being re-transmitted?
> how can I check that?

I normally use wireshark for that.  Not sure how familiar you are with
that.  But I set up a trace between my system and the target and the
capture the packets.  I forget how they are labeled but I recall
retransmitted packets to be shown in red and the INFO spelling it out
rather clearly.
>>  A while back we had a system that worked
>> perfectly well most of the time downloading files using ftp.  Only when
>> certain compressed files would be corrupt.  Turned out to be a bad
>> network card.
> but apparently, it should not be the network card because it does the
> same on the other computer.

Probably true....   Very odd....

--
Fedora Users List - The place to go to get others to do the work for you