Re: Terrible F25 WiFi Performance

Allegedly, on or about 12 January 2017, mgolterhere@xxxxxxxxx sent:
> the line starting with "A misconfigured firewall" lit up a red flash
> in my mind.  Not only is my box just slow slow slow but I am now
> unable to connect to a secure server (one that requires a CA
> certificate) whereas with fedora 13 this was possible.  How would I
> test for a firewall problem (have done nothing/no changes since the
> simple install).

I would have thought that the default settings were okay, unless you
were in a special situation (unusual network).

You're going to have to say more about what you mean by connecting to a
secure server.  VPN, SSH, HTTPS, something else?

> Note re: mail to your inbox = was that message meant for me (in
> particular?  Have been unable to post to ask.fedora (won't accept my
> -password when posting) so tried this email list.  Many pardons if I
> am doint this incorrectly...argh, hope not!  Thanks for any help.

Nah, that's my boilerplate.  Years of massive amount of spam from
participation in mailing lists mean that I have the server auto-delete
all mail sent to the address I post to the mailing lists with.  And I
read the list from another address.  It kills the spam, and I don't
really want private messages from people I don't really know.

Your message came through here fine, I've never used, or even looked at,
ask.fedora, so I can't say anything about its requirements.  Though I
seem to recall some thread about it a few weeks back saying you needed
to post using an address that would have been verified by that external
service.  i.e. If gmail or facebook verify you before they let you use
their service, which they do, that's considered good enough for other
people to let you use their service.  Not quite sure that I agree with
the methodology.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages

ZNQR LBH YBBX!