Re: How to prevent headless JVM (Fedora 25)?

On 01/03/2017 05:59 PM, Christopher wrote:
> Isn't the headless a dependency of the full one?

Yes, java-1.8.0-openjdk-headless is a requirement for java-1.8.0-openjdk.

>                                                     As far as I know,
> headless isn't a separate JVM install... it's just a partial install of
> the full JVM, and installing the full one is basically just installing
> whatever was missing from the headless one. Isn't this correct?

>From what I can see, java-1.8.0-openjdk only includes four shared
libraries, four icon (.png) files, a desktop file and the policy tool.
The rest of the payload comes from the headless RPM. There's quite a bit
of "alternatives" scriptlet magic that happens as well on the
headless RPM.